Saturday, July 17, 2010

I'd Never

It's hard to believe that just over a year ago, I'd never heard of Marcus Foster, Sam Bradley, and Bobby Long. It amazes me how three musicians have had such a tremendous impact on my life. This has been a year of changes for me, and it all started with me discovering Marcus's music. A year ago...

I'd never had friends that spanned the United States, Canada, and parts of the UK.
I'd never posted on Twitter.
I'd never traveled across the United States to see a musician.
I'd never met someone in-person who'd I'd only spoken with online.
I'd never had so many emotions associated with one artist's music.
I'd never taken a Greyhound Bus.
I'd never been to Memphis or Nashville.
I'd never laughed and cried so many times in one night.
I'd never gone to a concert by myself.
I'd never walked around Hotel Cafe and seen so many familiar faces.
I'd never taken two Disney virgins to Disneyland.
I'd never had friends who live 1,000+ miles away from be the first people I turn to when I have a problem.
I'd never taken and tweeted so many pictures.
I'd never fangirled over a musician.
I'd never met people so similar to and so different from myself...and loved them all!
I'd never realized how much drama can surround three British men.
I'd never used Skype.
I'd never loved tweets that began with "Hello" and ended with "x"
I'd never wanted a damn setlist so badly in my life.
I'd never found getting lost so friggin' funny.
I'd never been so excited to have someone "famous-to-me" follow me on Twitter.
I'd never called someone from a concert.
I'd never heard of Alan Pownall.
I'd never said "ya'll" like it was part of my everyday speech.
I'd never been to a private party with a musician.
I'd never hosted a private party with a musician.
I'd never realized how much goes into a tour.
I'd never hated the paparazzi as much as I do now.
I'd never watched so many videos on YouTube.
I'd never told people "You just have to see him live to understand" so many times in my life.
I'd never delivered a fruit basket.
I'd never heard of fanfiction.
I'd never missed people so much.
I'd never truly appreciated "no-name" actors and musicians.
I'd never gone to a midnight showing of a movie.
I'd never heard of silly bandz.
I'd never had friends who truly understood the connections I have to music.
I'd never "squeeed" when certain people were online.
I'd never experienced the fabulousness of black licorice and Jameson.
I'd never been so in love with an accent.
I'd never understood how quickly "nothing" can get turned into "something."
I'd never found the word "soorry" so hilarious.
I'd never been brave enough to tell people how much they meant to me.


I'm sure I could go on and on, but I'm going to leave it at that. Thanks to all of you that were part of so many of my "firsts." I truly love you all more than you'll ever know.

xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd never read a list that made me both laugh and cry.

I love you. xoxo

L

Lisa said...

I'd never read a list that had so many items on it that could also apply to me.

LonDiggity

Unknown said...

Megan, music has brought some of the best people in my life, and they became the most honest and loyal I'd have ever met. Music is such an integral part of my life, and I am truly honored by those who have graced me with their presence in my life. PssSst....it only gets better.

Anonymous said...

I never wanted to be somewhere I wasn't as much as I did while reading the tweets y'all were sending throughout. So jealous of, and yet thrilled for, all of you who were part of that amazing trip.
Music is truly the universal language, and it introduced us, as well. ;)
Morgan

De said...

I'd never felt so at home in a far away city, family excluded. It just felt right to be there... SO glad I met you. <3

bbwraven said...

I feel the same way! Its hard to believe this awesome insanity has only been around for the last year & half.

shoewhoreninja said...

And you'd never met a pair of pantz quite so sassy! :P haha! I love this! I love you! You are amazing. MWAH!